Trainer(s): Leslie Ann Grove and Northwest Mediation Center Staff
40-Hour Basic Mediation Training
Autumn 2017 Training: Part I – September 15-17; and Part II – September 29, 30 & October 1
Call 509-456-0103 to Register
Training Location: The Community Building – 35 W. Main, Spokane, WA 99201
Cost: $649 (Register more than 21 days in advance and pay only $610)
(Training is offered on two, non-consecutive weekends, for minimal interference with conventional work schedules)
Learn the basic art, craft, science and ethics of facilitating peaceful conflict resolution.
Special Benefit, if you get hooked: completion of Northwest Mediation Center’s 40-hour Basic Mediation course is the main prerequisite for entrance into the Practicum Program leading to Mediator Certification.
Who will benefit from this training?
Teachers – Counselors – Attorneys – Ministers – Social Workers
Human resource staff – Supervisors and Managers – Business Professionals
Customer Service and Sales Persons – Law Enforcement
Training content includes:
- Convening skills – how to invite parties to the table
- Conflict theory – how and why conflicts are born and grow
- Conflict styles — analyzing approaches to conflict
- Neutrality and Confidentiality — hallmarks of the process
- Ethics, conflict resolution process, & techniques — helping parties craft resolutions
- Agreement writing — helping parties memorialize their agreements
- Mediation and the Law —
- how laws effect mediation
- and how mediated agreements effect litigation
- Role plays — trying out new skills in mock mediation sessions
- And much more!